August 03, 2011

Introductions

Hola- or as we say around here, "Howdy".  Yep, Babushka's in "The South", which is funny if you think about it, because I spent most of my life in South Florida (Miami) which is further South than here, yet it's NEVER considered part of "The South".  North Havana maybe, but never "The South".  But I go off topic... get used to it- it's one of my many talents.

Babushka, full name Bohemian Babushka, BB if I like you, or THE Bohemian Babushka if I don't, has had in my 49 years, 2 marriages, 2 divorces, ____ lovers (being presently in "The South" I fall back on the Southern Belle's code of propriety and leave that blank, instead of a Miami "¿ Y Santa quien? )  many jobs, many businesses, many heartaches, but many heart sings as well.  Of course my Number One heart sings are my children.  Si, they also gave me heartache, but we all made it through puberty so, why dwell on that?  Borron y cuenta nueva.  My trio are my rocks- ok, at times rocks in/at the head, but again- why dwell on that?  My rocks, my reason for being (being crazy- sorry, beginning to dwell on that), my joys my true loves.  Until the grandchildren came into the picture.  Not that my trio aren't my true loves anymore, it's just that grandbabies are so tiny, so precious, and still so far away from puberty.  Ok, I'm dwelling- ever heard of shellshock?

Grandbabies- I've got 4 so far.  I say "so far"  because my eldest ( a 26 yr old beauty) has 2- a boy and a girl.; my son (a 25 yr old ex-Marine who has done his mom proud in so many ways)  has 2 boys and my little one (19 yr old intense yet sweet girl/woman who is striking, intelligent, gifted and better not be thinking of making babies yet) are still young enough to add to the family.  But not right now- por fa.  Let BB enjoy people saying "but you look so young to be a grandmother!" a little longer.  While I can still semi believe them.


Babushka has enjoyed this immensely and hopes you will dance with me again.  This has been but a little tease of who I am.  Tease- reminds me of my high school days, but again I'm going off topic. (such talent!) My blog will be on family,being female, being bilingual, being human -while always being brilliant.


And to those who don't understand YOUR brilliance, just look at them, smile, and say-
JU SO FONII !!!






Babushka Besos a todos-  Cuidensen



P.S.  If you've enjoyed this post please go to Facebook and "like" my page.  Mil Gracias.



Sonia Guerra
Sonia Guerra

Groovy Spanglish speaking Grandma of 6 who loves life and all its adventures. Motivational while still keeping it real, Babushka shows how all things looked at with gratitude are good, and how to say to la vida- JU SO FONII!!!

5 comments:

  1. Super sweet how you describe each of your children, very nice to meet you!

    Alicia
    http://chica-fashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alicia thanks for joining my dance! Yes, I'm blessed w/sweet children and the almost total blockage of their ::shudder:: puberty. ; )

      Gracias for the comment. BB2U

      Delete
  2. Hi! Visiting back from Living and Homeschooling With a New Normal! It sounds like you've led a wonderful, colorful, and exciting life! I'd love to meet up with you someday! I know what you mean about the kids being your everything though not without a few heartaches! Blessings to you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you for dancing with me Sylvia! Blessings to you always tambien dear lady. BB2UZ

      Delete
  3. Hey there! I'm here from the Blog Hop and just wanted to let you know I'm following you every where! I also liked your facebook page ;o) Hope you'll get a chance to check me out; you can find me here:

    Bloglovin'
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3718883

    Blog url
    http://www.croppedstories.blogspot.com

    Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cropped-Stories/615495055132216

    Twitter
    https://twitter.com/croppedstories

    Google+
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/102758509830977850235/posts

    Pinterest
    http://pinterest.com/croppedstories/

    StumbleUpon
    http://www.stumbleupon.com/stumbler/croppedstories/likes

    ReplyDelete

Always remember- If someone doesn't see YOUR brilliance, just look at them, smile, and say- JU SO FONI!!!